It’s 296 days before the 2013 National and Local Elections here in the Philippines and the COMELEC (Commission on Elections) have an ongoing registration for those who want to be able to participate in next year’s elections.
Those who are not yet registered voters can register within the following dates:
* From May 3, 2011 to October 31, 2012 for non-ARMM areas
* From March 5, 2012 to October 31, 2012 for ARMM areas
* From October 31, 2011 to October 31, 2012 for Overseas Filipinos
~ at least 18 years old
~ 1 year residence in the Philippines
~ 6 months residence in the place where he proposes to vote
Identification Documents :
~ employees identification card with the signature of the employer or authorized representative
~ postal ID
~ student’s ID
~ senior citizen’s ID
~ driver’s license
~ NBI/PNP clearance
~ SSS/GSIS ID
~ Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP) ID
~ license issued by the Professional Regulatory Commission; and
~ any other valid ID
* Deactivated voters or those who have failed to vote in two consecutive regular elections may file an application for the reactivation of their registration records.
* Existing registered voters may check the COMELEC’s website to verify the status of their registration.
* Applications for the transfer of registration,record, for changes of name and for correction of entries can also be filed within the above mentioned dates.
* Voter registrations are conducted at the local COMELEC offices in the applicants’ respective places of residence.
* source : Official Website of the Commission on Elections